Friday 9 August 2013

Brotzeit Bier Bar & Restaurant @ Midvalley, KL

Few nights back, a bunch of us were walking around aimlessly seeking for a place to play catch up & dine in Midvalley Megamall.

Spoilt for choice, we finally decided to settle for some German food.
Apart from the UBER DELICIOUS bratwurst & cheese kransky I had during my stay in Brisbane, Brotzeit restaurant's my first German dining experience in Malaysia.
____________

Guten Tag errbody!
Welcome to Brotzeit Bier Bar & Restaurant. 

 Brotzeitplatte (RM175++)

Brotzeit's Platter is probably one of their best sellers in this particular German restaurant. Did I mention that Brotzeitplatte is currently under promo?
My first thought when a friend of mine recommended this was, "Dang, still a little pricey for a promotional offer. Come on, RM175? This will never satisfy the crowd." 
BUT WAIT, I'll have you know that the enormous platter was able to feed the stomachs of 5 grown men. Surprising huh? Meat overload. We had about 6 pax who shared the meal and most of us had found ourselves stuffed by the end of the night.
What's on the wooden board, you ask? Well, served to us were a range of Brotzeit's best sausages, pork knuckle, pork schnitzels & 2 side dishes of our choice (not on the platter but it comes together with the Brotzeitplatte order). Can't wait to dig in? Us too. 


Voila! I don't know what the names of these four sausages are, but the big white-lookin' wiener tasted SUPER FINE. I can't quite describe it, but if these sausages were served at a breakfast buffet, I'd probably scoop 20 pieces of these babies onto my plate and head over to the counter for another round of refill once I'm done with the first batch.
Nobody ever says no to sausages especially when it comes to German dawgs.  Ooo-la-la~


Spicy chicken sausages & Pork Cheese Sausages. 

Omnomnom, the pork cheese sausage was good but unfortunately it falls behind if you were to place Brotzeit's version beside the freakin'awesome Cheese Kransky I had in the land down under (Aussie). The latter was thicker and cheesier! SO CRAY! I MISS! Cheese Kransky literally bursts in your mouth as you take your first bite into it.

As for the spicy chicken sausage, there was a hint of spiciness alright. Nothing you should be afraid of as the heat goes away once it's down in your system. Well, this was one of my least favourite sausages despite being a chili-lover. 

Pork Schnitzel & Pork Knuckle

Too much to handle? This might be far from what you might call a 'beautiful mess' but I'm sure many men would be absolutely tantalized by the sight of chunky meat stacked on a platter. Let's start with the schnitzel, shall we? As I forked a tiny piece of schnitzel in my mouth, I felt a sense of familiarity. Hmm,.. where have I tasted this schnitzel? ...Think jess, think.. *A-ha!!* It tasted like Big Apple Donuts. Well, it doesn't actually taste the same but it kinda does smell like Big Apple Donuts. Come on, I'm sure you know what sort of scent I'm yapping about. I'll leave it at that.

Pork knuckle review, meh. I wasn't a fan of pork knuckle to begin with and it's suffice to say that Brotzeit didn't exactly change my views on the pork meat. Although the skin was crispy, I found the meat to be a little hard & chewy. The accompanying brown gravy (spot the Aladdin lamp), was a tad diluted and doesn't do much justice for its porky friend. I'll stick to the sausages.

Side dish #1: Spätzle

We chose this gloriously creamy looking yellow substance as one of our side dishes, which was apparently homemade. I was really looking forward to sampling this dish as it does seem to have a close resemblance to macaroni & cheese based on Brotzeit's graphical menu. We were wondering what spätzle was but the waiter didn't care to elaborate so we assumed that he was as clueless as we were that night. As each of us dug into the spätzle-filled bowl, our expectations of tasting something creamy & cheesy went down the drain. URM, we thought it tasted like unseasoned-overcooked-scrambled-eggs or maybe buttered-pasta-pieces. Either way, it was tasteless. SIGH. No cheese? Well then, you ain't getting no love from me, honey.

After googling what spätzle was, I finally found the answer. *ahem*.. Apparently, it's a type of egg noodle or dumpling which has a soft texture. Okay, that explains a lot. Blurgh. I'll have a potato salad next time. But hey, it's good to try something new each day. 

Side dish #2: Kartoffelhappen

Kartoffelhappen a.k.a. spicy potato wedges. More like salty potato wedges to me. Mehh. *shrugs shoulders* It's an O-K side dish.

Mustard, chilli & *fills in blank*

I'm posting a picture of the trio sauce just 'cause the mustard looked extremely adorable. Ngaww.  :3


 Brettljause (RM78++)

Brettljause a.k.a. Cold Platter. Haha. I don't even know how to pronounce all these German names. *If I were to bang my head on the keyboard, I may be able to create my own German word.* Ja? 
Anyway, leg ham, chicken ham, belly bacon, paprika lyoner, eggs, cheese, vine ripened tomatoes with a selection of German breads were served on this cold platter. Did I miss anything else? Don't know..I didn't sample this dish but since it's such a pretty sight, I'm gonna upload it anyways. HEHE. Shu'up, don't judge me. >=]

Here's a tip: Apparently, you get 15% off if you pay with a HSBC credit card?? I reckon that it's only applicable to ala carte items so all these platters and promotional items aren't included. Not too sure about the details but you could enquire to find out more info.

Uh, sleepy. It's 2.30 a.m.. Gute nacht! 

Brotzeit Bier Bar & Restaurant
Lot G(E) - 108 
Ground External Floor
Mid Valley City
Opening hours: 11 a.m. till late
Check out Groupon's page for Brotzeit's Promotion
Facebook page: Brotzeit's Facebook

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Jx

No comments:

Post a Comment