Tuesday 6 August 2013

Din Tai Fung at e@Curve, Mutiara Damansara

One of my better days, finally tried Din Tai Fung! 
Happy happy joy joy, happy happy joy joy! 


To be frank, I didn't think much of this place prior to stepping foot in this renowned Taiwanese restaurant as I could just imagine that what lies ahead would probably cost me a mini bomb in my wallet. 

After all, it's just Chinese food right?... Wrong. It's top notch Chinese food! 
Come to think of it, how would you describe one as a top notch restaurant? Din Tai Fung doesn't serve those fancy dishes such as 'Buddha Jumps Over The Wall' but I do believe that their dishes are executed pretty remarkably. Simple dishes delivered well.  


Ordered Hot Tea for RM2++ and it is refillable! HEHEHE


XIAO LONG BAO!!! (RM10.30++ for 6 pieces)

I love Xiao Long Bao's. I tried my first XLB in Dragon-i and ever since then, I was playing the role of a love-struck teenager, obsessed and pining over the pork-soup-pao. *exaggerates* 
It is suffice to say that I have had my fair share of bad-tasting xiao long bao's from dim sum restaurants and I promised myself that I will NEVER ORDER XLB'S FROM RESTAURANTS SELLING DIM SUMS EVER AGAIN.


ISN'T IT CUTE? I love the concept of hot soup in bao's. Too adorable to eat. Kinda reminded me of Bomberman's bomb. The jelly-looking-jiggly-one.

I'm not particularly a fan of fresh sliced-ginger (from my second picture above) but I gotta admit that it does go really well with XLBs. Glad that Din Tai Fung's XLBs didn't burst as soon as I picked it up with my chopsticks. Was the wrap too thick? Nope, it was perfect! Totally nailed it. Couldn't ask for more. Thinking about it makes my stomach drum. EVERYTHING WAS AWESOME! Mouth-watering from the inside & out! 

Shrimp & Pork Fried Rice (RM15.50++)

Simplicity at its best. If I could master the art of cooking this beautiful plate of rice, I'll have a very fat wallet by now. A VERY fat wallet. 
Want to know what's wrong with it? .. Nothing. 
"Omg Jess, don't exaggerate la.." 
But I'm not! Okay, maybe a little. It's just my type of perfect fried rice. Maybe not yours? Maybe..
It wasn't too tasty in the ajinomoto kind of way. It tasted natural.. Which I know it may sound like utter bullshit because most chefs would almost definitely add artificial flavouring when they cook. 
Let me paint you a picture on how it tasted like: The texture of the rice was perfecto! Not too hard nor mushy. The fried rice tasted really eggy, which I absolutely love. Maybe that factor contributes to the reason why the rice tasted naturally delicious? It wasn't salty. The prawns were FRESH! Such a major plus point as this was one of their key ingredients and it wasn't a let down. Plus, the portion wasn't small either. 

Cha Jang La Mian (RM13.50++)

Really loved the texture of this 'la mian'. *Btw, This was one of DTF's Chef Recommended dish*
I'm not sure what Cha Jang means. Taste wise, it was decent. It's unique. Haven't really tasted anything like it before. My hubby on the other hand needed some time to acquire the Cha Jang La Mian's taste. The sauce on its own was kind of salty but it goes well with the perfectly cooked noodles.
CJLM's portion is well suited to a lady's appetite. 't was rather small. 

Spicy Prawn Wan Ton (RM10.00++)

This appetizer was also listed as one of DTF's Chef Recommendations. Shrimp was fresh as expected but the spicy prawn wanton wasn't spicy as the name might suggest. Suitable for ang moh's or individuals who can't take the heat.
You know, this would've been a great dim sum dish. It's nice to eat but I'll probably try something else the next time I visit.

Taiwanese Spring Roll (RM7.50++)

Yummy. Although this mini rolls didn't make it into DTF's list of Chef Recommendations, I still find it delicious! Crunchy yet not oily. The filling tasted the same as Xiao Long Bao's minced pork but I really didn't mind as the pork filling was divine. A pretty good snack to munch on.

All in all, RM70 was well spent to feed the lives of two.

Would definitely dine here again! *Take all my money!*
The restaurant was spacious, clean and the waiters were very attentive! In my opinion, DTF's food was definitely above average. Price is on par with Dragon-i and the dishes offered by both restaurants are pretty similar. *Somehow, I have my heart set on DTF*.
Don't take my word for it, ABS-CBN News stated that Din Tai Fung tops best Asian restaurants poll.
Apart from our fellow Malaysians, there were many other foreigners from China/Taiwan and even Americans that dined in this restaurant during the time of my visit.

Din Tai Fung
G17-G20, Ground Floor
e@Curve
Mutiara Damansara
Petaling Jaya

Tummy satisfied,
Jx

No comments:

Post a Comment