Monday 5 August 2013

Sukiya @ Kota Damansara, PJ

Sup, homies.

Ever stumbled upon a restaurant that somewhat captivates a fraction of your attention but never pumped up enough to actually make your way around to try it? 

Well in my story, Sukiya falls under that particular restaurant which has successfully planted a teensy bit of curiosity in my soul ever since I laid my eyes on it last year. 

I can't help but to wonder what sort of Japanese food does Sukiya offer. Words such as 'Gyudon x Japanese beef rice' was plastered across the walls of this corner lot eatery. I was secretly hoping that this restaurant would serve a yummylicious bowl of Gyutan Don (Ox tongue rice)! I really really missed the one I tried in Melbourne. 
Let's face it, ox tongue isn't a very popular dish among Malaysians so this delicacy is rarely found in PJ.  

ANYHOOS! How did I end up at Sukiya? 
On a hot Sunday afternoon, hubby & I were heading over to Ikea after church to grab ourselves summa dat Swedish meatballs BUT Ikano was SO packed that we had to exit the parking lot. 
BOOM! We ended up at Sukiya instead. (By the way, searching for a place to park in KD was a major pain in the butt as well).
Sukiya is located directly across Sunway Giza. 

Ontama Gyudon (Large- RM12.40 nett)

Sadly, there wasn't any ox tongue available so I ordered this instead! 
Servings come in 3 sizes: S, M, L

I picked 'L' because I'm a freaking glutton and live by the cardinal rule that eating more and stuffing yourself unnecessarily is better than not having enough to eat. HAHA. I had to learn the hard way that adding RM2 to size up ma bowl doesn't always bring a smile on my face at the end of the day. 

Ontama Gyudon is basically egg with thin slices of beef on rice. As far as I can tell, the only other ingredient present on my lunch bowl was onion. Umm, verdict: It wasn't very satisfying. Which was quite a disappointment as I'm a huge fan of beef & sweet sauce. I wished that spring onions were added into my bowl for an extra kick. It would have probably tasted better. There really isn't much to shout about except for the fact that I was mad thirsty after I was done with my meal. Coincidence? 
You tell me. 

Mayo Teriyaki (Large- RM11.90 nett)

Hubbs ordered this instead. Teriyaki chicken drizzled with mayo and topped with a generous amount of spring onion.
As for Mayo Teriyaki, this dish is only served in 2 sizes: M or L.  
Well, the chicken tasted sweeter than the beef and was quite tender. Overall, everything was sweet, sweet, sweet. Depending on your personal preference, if you have a sweet tooth and you're able to cope with dessert as lunch, this might just be the winning meal for you. 

Fries (RM4 ish?) 

Hmm, 4 bucks for this portion. I don't know.. seems to me that I can buy it off a supermarket under the frozen foods department. Meh.

All in all, Sukiya's foodie price is budget-friendly. Although Sukiya has room for improvement, you could always head over to this restaurant to test it out as no surcharges are implemented yet. Love it when no frills are attached! 

Sukiya
27, Jalan PJU5/15 
Dataran Sunway, Petaling Jaya
47810, Selangor

Jx

2 comments:

  1. if you wanted spring onion, you should have ordered negitama gyudon not ontama gyudon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jason. Yeah, I should've! Was too hungry so I just picked one that looked most enticing on the menu. Thanks for the tip, will try that next time (:

    ReplyDelete