Wednesday 25 December 2013

KyoChon Malaysia @ 1 Utama, Bandar Utama

Annyeong-haseyo! 

Ate @ KyoChon a week ago. 

It's funny how hubbs & I agreed on dining at KyoChon in 1 Utama. 

Random fact #1: Collin dislikes Korean food. (wae Oppa, wae?!?!)
Random fact #2: Jessica is not a fan of chicken. (unless if it's steamed herbal chicken. Strictly no breast, tq)

KyoChon on the other hand happens to be one of South Korea's restaurant chains and their specialty is none other than Korean Fried Chicken. *ba dum tsss*


KyoChon's menu. 
Doesn't comprise of a wide selection to choose from but really, that's not going to be a problem at all in this restaurant.


Meet Choi Siwon. Not only does he possess a chiseled chest & a smokin' hot bod, *wipes drool.. I still remember him walking out to the hall with just a towel clad around his body in Oh! My Lady* Siwon Oppa has killer looks too. 

Wait a minute, what if this creepy-looking doll isn't Siwon and I have been going on and on about the wrong K-celeb?! Erm, that's just too bad, I guess. 
Though, I'm not sure why KyoChon would want a life-sized K-Pop heart throb to greet their customers. Not all of the male patrons would be psyched to fix their gaze on a Korean man doll. HAHA. 

Anyway, I would've jumped for joy if the man-doll was Song Seung Hun, Lee Dong Wook or Kwon Sang Woo instead. But that's just me. Feel free to jump around like a crazed-monkey, ladies. 


Plus points awarded to KyoChon even before our orders were taken. They have hooks under their tables, which really is a rare sight in Malaysia. *thumbs up*

It's able to support the weight of my auntie-looking-baby-bag (Thanks for the bag, Roy. lol) which means that the hook can take on quite a bit of weight 'cause God knows what's in that bag! I mean, look at the size of that thing. We have a bottle warmer, baby bottles, diapers, LOADS AND LOADS OF NAPKINS, CLOTHES & BABY WIPES so you can only imagine how heavy it is. 



May I present to you another photo of the restaurant's table. If you look closely, hooks are jutting out of the table stand lololol. Hang your shopping bags there, humans.


Butter rice (RM4++)

Probably not worth its price. You can skip this. HAHA


Kimchi fried rice

Would've loved the kimchayy fly lice in KyoChon if it tasted more sour than spicy. Don't get me wrong, I love spicy food. LOVE. However, anything kimchi should taste sour, right? It's not bad, but it definitely has room for improvements. 


Can somebody kindly remind me what I ate? Grilled chicken? I should think so. Yep.
The grilled chicken & kimchi fried rice comes in a set (approximately RM27?) Can't quite recall the price either hurhurhur, MY BAD. The grilled chicken looked way different from the 'illustrated picture' in the menu, which obviously isn't something any restaurant should practice. The poultry that landed on my plate looked rather measly in comparison. 

Oh well, now for the compliments. It's decent and aromatic. Grilled well and tastes more or less average (meh). This was what I ordered, though I wouldn't have recommended this if it wasn't for the kimchi fried rice. I was sold as soon as my sight was set on the word 'kimchi'. 

Anyhoos, Nando's chicken definitely tastes better than KyoChon's grilled chicken. Sorry. This isn't exactly Korean food. Not worth its reflected price too. 


Honey Wings

Slightly pricier than Original Soy & Spicy Wings, the Honey Wings was my least favourite amongst the three. Hubby thought that the honey wings were his second favourite as he isn't the biggest fan of anything extravagantly spicy.
But here's what I think, the Honey Wings placed itself on the number three spot as it tasted sweet,…and... it pretty much ends there. 



Original Soy Wings

No doubt, this was goooooooood. I'm no chicken lover, so you can take my word for it. ha-ha
*MUST TRY


Spicy Wings

Needless to say, the spicy wings infused with Korean chilli peppers captivated my heart. CHILLI FTW! As I chewed on the perfectly fried wings, the hot spice started creeping up my cheeks. At that moment in time, I didn't mind having a few zits pop out the next waking morning HAHA.
*MUST TRY


Anyhoos, I think KyoChon needs more exposure as its location isn't the best to say the very least. It's located in front of Cold Storage and some sort of organic shop. Near the arcade? You'll know how to get there. Just look for Choi Siwon's figurine at KyoChon's entrance and you're right on track.

Did I mention that the staffs over at KyoChon are mighty friendly and polite? We were rushing to finish our meal before closing time PLUS I had to bottle feed my baby while we ate (we were the only diners left in the restaurant) and they asked us not to worry and to take our time :P

Overall, I had a nice time over at this restaurant. I'm going to be a hypocrite and say that I'll be back for more wings on my next visit.

See you soon, Siwon Oppa!
Jx

No comments:

Post a Comment