Sunday 23 June 2013

Ben's @ Publika, Solaris Dutamas KL

Sunday lunch.

Hazard alert! Everyone was adviced to stay indoors today as the haze seems to be turning from bad to worse. Yet, the cray cray weather didn't stop the crowd of all ages from buzzing out and about at Publika, Solaris Dutamas. I even managed to spot a handful of joggers with iron lungs trotting along the well-heeled residential area.

We parked right in front of Ben's, which cost us a steep price of RM15 (Ouch! Valet parking). 



Ben's @ Publika.

The waiters were very attentive & service was prompt despite the restaurant being packed to the brim.


They even provided table topic conversation starter cards
...Are you out on a date? Afraid that he or she is glued to their smartphones? 
Get rid of awkward silences and get to know one another better with these cards.
There's nothing more annoying than having to sit & dine with your mates whilst they connect with their phones better than they do with you.


Moving on..


Chunky mushroom soup w. truffle oil & garlic toast (RM14.90++)

To black pepper fans out there, you have met your dream come true. I would've preferred more cream in the soup but the chewy chunky bits of mushrooms makes up for the elements they lack in. Kudos to Ben's for not serving diluted soup, too. 
It's an okay appetizer, but not lip-smackingly-delicious. 



Traditional fish & chips (RM29.90++)

My other half asked me to close my eyes while I savour the taste of the crispy battered fish dipped in its homemade tartare sauce. Mmm,.. tastes like Filet-O-Fish. 
Since I'm Mcd's Number #1 fan, I'm going to give Ben's credit for successfully creating the perfect tartare sauce that is on par with my favourite fast food restaurant. Apart from the well-seasoned battered fish, Ben's fries are just fries. 
Nothing memorable about the meal nor the coleslaw served.


Spaghetti carbonara (RM23.90++)

My love, my carbonara. I'm a sucker when it comes to creamy cheeeesy pastas. My brain goes on auto-pilot & shuts everything else out once my eyes set its sight on the word, 'carbonara'. Then I say to myself, "Must. Order. That."
HOW WAS IT? Taste is almost similar to the carbonara served in Delicious. Not as cheesy as I would like but some would prefer it this way..bland and simple. At least one wouldn't be sated with the meal.
I adored the mushrooms, however the beef bacon was way too salty! I repeat: Too salty!
Apart from the beefy bacon, I managed to wallop everything else down my stomach. 


Overall, I thought that Ben's was just OK. Perhaps if I ordered something less ordinary (wagyu beef pie or crispy soft shell tortilla), it would've been a better experience?? Would I revisit this place? ...maybe. 

Ben's
Lot No.: G2-37A / G3-32
Level G2

Better luck next time.
Jx 




No comments:

Post a Comment