Friday 28 June 2013

Mikan @ Damansara Perdana, PJ

いらっしゃいませ ( Irasshaimase! )

Welcome! Mikan is located on the same row as Friendscino, Damansara Perdana. Just a minute walk from my office. A tad pricey for an everyday-lunch-affair but since it was a special day, I deserved a special treat! 


Photo above taken from Mikan's Facebook page




Lunch set menu @ Mikan. Spoilt for choice! After what seems to be forever looking through the menu, we settled for Sashimi Unagi Set & Sushi Chicken Teriyaki Set. The former comes with 6 pieces of assorted sashimi, roasted eel and a bowl of rice whereas the latter consists of 5 pieces of assorted sushi and chicken. All set lunch are served with chawan mushi, miso soup & dessert. Sounds like a good deal to me!


Seasoned baby octopus (RM10++)

Side dishes are a must when dining in a japanese restaurant. Portion was relatively small but the quality matched the price of the appetizer.


Sushi chicken teriyaki set (RM26++). 


5 pieces of sushi served alongside pickled ginger & wasabi.

Growing up, I was never a fan of crab sticks & inari sushi. I just find it a waste of stomach space. After this meal, the orange-coloured fake crab & I still don't see eye to eye. The same applies to inari.
On the other hand, the salmon & butter fish was fresh! Although the colour of the butter fish might seem far from it, the chef actually seared it hence, the brown-ish colour. There was no Wow-factor for the tuna, so it's a miss for me.


*Drools*...Salivating as I'm staring at this picture. Stomach is drumming, I WANT MORE!
Actually, my colleague is currently having his lunch beside me and the aroma of 'tapao-ed' chinese home-cooked food is wafting through the air. Blogging during lunch hour is such a bad idea.

Anyway, the teriyaki chicken was very well-marinated and every bite was tender. Best part was its skin because the flavour explodes and sends you to sweet, sweet paradise. Mmm. Wished I had a bowl of rice to go with the savory saucy chicken. *removes rice ball from sashimi & mixes in with chicken*

I should've ordered Sashimi Chicken Teriyaki Set instead. JUST. NOTICED. AFTER. ORDERING. BOO!


 6 pieces of assorted sashimi. Looks delicious.


Roasted unagi! I really liked this one. Topped with sesame seeds, the eel had such a great texture as we bit into it. It was soft (not in the mushy-kind-of-way) and succulent. Thumbs up!
The only complaint I have is the portion of the unagi. They left me wanting for more.
The chawan mushi & miso soup were not too bad. Nothing memorable but still a great addition to the lunch set. Desserts served were slices of honeydew. I didn't finish my dessert because an annoying little fly landed on it. SIGH. Oh well.
Will definitely be having lunch here soon!

Mikan Japanese Cuisine
LG 03, Plaza Emerald North
PJU 8/3A, Damansara Perdana
47820 Petaling Jaya

Operating hours: Monday-Friday [11.30 am - 3.30 pm], [ 6pm- 10pm ]
Saturday [ 6pm-10pm ]

Gochisousama deshita!
Jx


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica! I am Casey from Mikan Japanese Cuisine. Its nice seeing your review here! We now have new set lunches and it goes as low as RM 9.90++. Do visit us again. See ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Casey. Thanks for the tip! I've actually made my second visit the other day but I didn't see any new set lunches available priced at RM9.90++ :(
    I do enjoy your wide varieties of set lunches available tho'! Yumms.

    ReplyDelete