Saturday 22 June 2013

Menya Musashi @ Isetan, One Utama

I love weekends, don't you?


Initially, hubby & I planned on heading over to KL for lunch but we settled for our neighbourhood shopping mall instead due to the suffocating hazy weather. I can feel my little lungs shrivel, gasping for fresh air as I stepped out of the car making my way into the air-conditioned mall.

Anyway, lunch time! Decided to satisfy our Japanese cravings at Menya Musashi (non-halal).


Menya Musashi's entrance located @ Isetan.

Unlike other japanese restaurants, customers will be ushered to the cashier's counter to order & pay before proceeding to their respective tables. Sounds like a fast food chain omit the ushering service.


 Aka Ajitama Ramen (chilli oil based)


We opt for one Chasiew & a hard boiled egg in our servings which cost RM24++. 


Kuro Ajitama Ramen (garlic based)

Verdict? 

Aka is recommended for thrill-seekers who love that little tang in their lives. In my opinion, I wished it was spicier (it was a tad too oily). 

What about Kuro? For those who plan on going for a movie date after the meal,  fear not! You will not have repulsive breath despite gobbling up this garlic-infused meal. The garlic taste isn't strong so there's no need to worry.

Both Aka & Kuro were extremely tasty. Good and bad in a way. Although this restaurant stands out on its broth-making skills, however the broth would probably drive you away for a couple of months before you return for another bowl. (Too tasty to handle? Does that even make sense?)

The chasiew was tough to chew and ramen was al dante. 
For those who prefer firm noodles, Menya Musashi is for you! I like my noodles soft & chasiew that melts-in-the-mouth. Maybe Ippudo will suit my tastebuds? We'll see.

Menya Musashi
Eat Paradise, 2nd Floor
Isetan, One Utama

Can't wait to explore more restaurants! 
Until then,
Jx.


No comments:

Post a Comment