Monday 24 June 2013

Swich Cafe @ Publika, Solaris Dutamas KL

Swich Cafe has established itself as a household name for fruity cakes! And no,.. I'm not referring to Christmas Fruitcakes mixed with variety of dried fruits

I've actually read a number of blogs about this place and boy, it certainly has my attention. 
Swich Cafe started off at HP Towers, Damansara Heights and I reckon that this branch at Publika is relatively new. (I was at Publika's self-help directory searching "S" for Swich, but to no avail.so it has gotta be new... right?)

Anyway, the cafe is certainly present in Publika Shopping Gallery. The mall's directory is simply not up to date. Tsk. 


Arrived at our desired destination! It's not hard to locate this cafe as Swich is smacked right in the middle of G3.
Branded on paper doilies, you know you're in for a treat. 


Amongst the many many cakes available were Soursop, Mangosteen, Cempedak and Durian cakes. Avocado and Pistachio cake was available too! (putting that green baby on the makan list the next time i visit!)
HONESTLY? I wanted to order every single one of them. If you were right next to me drooling looking at the wide array of selections, we would have shared the same mind set!


Red velvet cake priced at RM10 per slice.


Carrot & Cranberry Cake 

There were so many cakes I was literally spoilt for choice. 
We were too full from lunch @ Ben's so instead, we decided to take away a slice of mangosteen & cempedak cake. Not forgetting a tiny piece of brownie covered in rich Belgian chocolate.


Mangosteen cake! The cake that everyone has been talking about! It's not as big of a slice as one would hope for the price of RM15, but every bite was heaven. It has more cream than sponge and I'm glad they baked it this way. It tastes a little like yogurt but in the fruitiest way possible. Sure, it does sound odd to have mangosteens as a main recipe in your cake but I assure you that you'd be delightfully surprised! What's more enjoyable is the fact that they add a whole fresh mangosteen on top of your cake. Talk about a cherry on top of the ice cream


Introducing you to the other talk of the town, Cempedak cake (RM12). Time Out KL has listed Swich's Cempedak Tutti Frutti as one of the Top 10 cafe dishes & desserts in 2012. The only difference between the former and the latter is the absence of mango garnish. Apart from the minor difference, the cake is still frosted with cempedak cream & garnished with toasted coconut. Mmmm, I'm not a fan of cempedak but this cake tasted gooooooood! The fruit provided a natural sweetness in the cake and the cempedak sponge was perfect. She couldn't have done it better.


Ah, the brownie coated with Belgian Chocolate. Priced at only Rm3.50. I sincerely apologize for the unappealing picture. After tasting the two previous cakes, this one fell behind. Maybe I expected to dive into a chocolate-coma as I sunk my teeth into the brownie. Unfortunately for me, it was spongey and tasted like orange. Orange sponge.. Far from what I had hoped for. Maybe if all other cakes run out, you could opt for this one. 

In this case, one bad apple did not ruin the bunch. I really do recommend giving this place a try since cempedak and mangosteens are still in season.

Swich Cafe
Level G3 Publika Shopping Gallery
Solaris Dutamas, KL.
Check out their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Swichfinefood

I'll be back,
Jx

No comments:

Post a Comment