Wednesday 3 July 2013

Restaurant Soon Soon Pan Mee & Fish Head @ Damansara Perdana, PJ

Although there are many eateries at Damansara Perdana, this tiny coffee shop is ALWAYS packed during lunch hours. 

For the record, I've been having my lunch here AT LEAST once a week. *Fan girl mode!* One fine day, I'll be the mayor of Soon Soon Pan Mee & Fish Head in Foursquare!!!! Muahahaha. Just you wait.

There are approximately 20 tables in this kopitiam. Based on my noob-y calculations, the owner of this restaurant must've found themselves a pot of gold. Why? They nailed the recipe for fish head noodles and I reckon that their overhead cost is low as they only have pendaflour lights and ceiling fans to maintain. Plus, this restaurant's turnover is pretty high. 


Hanging on the wall of fame, these noodles are amongst the many selections available on the menu.


For individuals who are not a fan of pan mee & fish head, simple western breakfasts are offered as well.
..But seriously? Come on, you're dining at a restaurant named 'Soon Soon Pan Mee & Fish Head' and you're ordering toasts with eggs?!?! 


F1 : Fried Ling Fish Head Meehoon (RM8.80)

You may be wondering, "Whoa, damn a lot of things going on in this bowl right. How to eat?? Where should I start??"

My dear, Let sensei Loh teach you the ways in culinary life:
1) Pick up your spoon
2) Scoop a spoonful of soup
3) Put that milky broth in yo' mouth!
4) Close your eyes & savor it..Savor it.
5) Smile with delightfulness like you've just received your paycheck.

Once you have tasted the milky goodness, everything else will fall into place and you'll gobble the whole lot in no time.

I must say that this is the best fish head noodle I've ever tasted. If you've already tried this and think there's a better one out there, let me know! :) I tend to be a little bias and over exaggerate when I find something I like. HAHA. What a bad habit, Jess.

So far, taste wise.. fried Ling fish head meehoon has never let me down. It has been pretty consistent. If this dish was a human being, I'll sing 'Just The Way You Are' to Ling. Because I truly am happy just the way the whole dish is made.


Instead of thin vermicelli noodles, I opted for thicker ones. (Additional RM0.50). In my opinion, the thicker noodle goes wayyyyy better with the broth & fish head.
Oh yeah, before I forget..The waiter will inevitably ask if you want 'susu' (milk) in your soup. Just say yes! 
It goes best with milk :)


Before you go all, "Urk..eww, stahp! This picture is not pleasing to my eyes at all..."

I just want to prove my point on how great this is! 9 out of 10 times, I'd finish everything in the bowl (except the fish bones & ginger slices.. duh). 

"If it's so good, why didn't you finish everything served 10 out of 10 times?", says your mind subconsciously. 

Answer: As the coffee shop is really packed during peak hours, it is pretty common to share your table with a stranger or two. I find it kinda awkward to sit directly opposite with somebody you DON'T KNOW whilst having lunch/dinner/whenever. Therefore, I can't enjoy my meal to the absolute fullest! I hope I'm not the only one feeling this way..Also, I think that it's a little embarrassing to finish the whole bowl of soup in front of a complete stranger. He/she may think that I'm a 'tam chiak lang' (glutton) or that I don't have enough to eat. 



P2: Dried Pan Mee (RM5.00)

Praise after praise was given to the fish head noodle in this coffee shop. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the dried pan mee offered at Soon Soon. It only tasted ordinary and I'm pretty sure you can get this elsewhere for a cheaper price. It doesn't taste bad but it doesn't Wow me as much as the fish head noodle. It's edible, it's OK, it's very ordinary.

To avoid the working crowd during peak hours & sitting with total strangers, I suggest you visit this place before 12pm or after 2pm. Hope you'll enjoy this as much as I do. I PRAY THAT YOU DO! Maybe I'll see you around during lunch hours some day! 

Soon Soon Pan Mee & Fish Head
18-1, Jalan PJU 8/5C
Damansara Perdana, 47820
Petaling Jaya
Operating hours: Monday-Saturday [ 6 am - 5 pm ]

Until next time,
Jx

1 comment:

  1. Are you in need of Loan? Here all problem regarding Loans is solve between a short period of time what are you waiting for apply now and solve your problem or start a business with funds Contact us now. many more 2% interest rate.(Whats App) number +919394133968 patialalegitimate515@gmail.com
    Mr Sorina

    ReplyDelete