Tuesday 9 July 2013

SOULed OUT @ Desa Sri Hartamas, KL

Need a chio-looking restaurant for parties & reunions? Send your virtual invites, let your hair down & grab your friends to dine in this swanky eatery located @ Hartamas. 

I'm sure many of you have been to Souled Out. 
I can't remember the prices of each item and for some reason, I couldn't download their menu online either. SO, you'll just have to google the prices yourselves! 


Sake San 

*DRUM ROLLS* This dish is one of Souled Out's House Specialty! 

Sake San has alwaaays been my favourite pick. If I'm able to recall correctly, the 8 inch-pizza costs about RM28++
ISN'T IT WORTH IT THOUGH!??! Just feast your eyes on the amount of salmon given! Apart from the smokey goodness, the thin-crust pizza is topped with fresh lettuce, cherry tomatoes, japanese mayo, roe & a hint of wasabi. My eyes widened with delight as I bit into it. Trust me, sink your teeth in this fusion creation and your tastebuds will be sent into space! There's just a burst of flavours as all the elements come perfectly together.

I just need to point one thing out. Something is different about Sake San's recipe... 
Back then, Sake San was served on a plain dough topped with all the hoo-haa-ingredients mentioned above. 
What has changed, you wonder? Well friends, *whispers*.. they smothered cheeeeeeeese onto their dough~...AND I LIKEEEE IT! CHEESE! *applause!* It's amazing how much difference a simple ingredient can make, huh?



Deep Fried Calamari

Umm, I'm staring at this calamari-picture and I can't seem to find anything good to say..

Okay *Breathes in, breathes out* Here we go, the squid wasn't overcooked so it has a nice texture as we nibbled on it..you know that non-chewy feeling?? I'm sure you can think of ONE restaurant that serves OVERCOOKED CALAMARI which results in you gnawing through your squid. Urk! Those chefs should really empathize with people whose teeth are about to fall off! Shame on them...
Anyway, if that's a good enough reason for you to say 'Yes' to this appetizer, go ahead & order it! 

Now that I'm done with the pros, it's time to review the cons of this dish. 
The taste was bland, the batter needs to be fluffier (if that's a viable term at all) and the dipping sauce didn't do any justice to support the squid. Overall, nobody raced to fork the squid off its plate. Hint to future restaurant owners: You know your dish is in trouble when the crowd doesn't race to finish an appetizer. 


Lamb Shank

One of their house specialties, the Lamb Shank (costs APPROXIMATELY RM35?)

Okay, I was madly in love with their mash potatoes because it tasted so creamy & cheesy. I'm not even sure if there was cheese in it, the only thing I knew fo'sho was that it tasted great! *smiles with joy* I felt like a baby again each time I scoop a spoonful in my mouth. I WANT MORE! HUNGERS!
Depending on your personal preference, it might not be as soft or mushy as you may like it to be. Luckily for mua, I like ma mash as thick as it can be!

As for the lamb itself, it was OK. It didn't take me out of this world and it certainly wasn't as 'Lip Smacking-ly Delicious' as they claim it would be. The lamb was accompanied with chunks of carrots, capsicums & zucchinis. I'm a capsicum lover so all these assorted colourful veges tasted good to me! Definitely a man's dish.



Seafood Marinara

Approximately >RM25?? I'm not a fan of marinara sauce so you can see where this is going. The spaghetti was al dante. The seafood served include shrimps, mussels, fish & squid. 
My next statement may probably hinder anyone who plans on ordering this plate of pasta..
So, *ahem* Brace yourselves..

-The prawns were not fresh
-The fish fillet was not properly seasoned hence, tasteless- *maybe it wasn't even seasoned..*

Sorry to disappoint, but this was really quite a let down as one would expect the freshest produce to be used especially if the dish is named "SEAFOOD" MARINARA. 

On a lighter note, the spaghetti and its accompanying sauce was alright. heh. 



Tandoori chicken with rice 

Asian time! I don't know how much this costs but it tasted surprisingly goooood :) 
The rice was fragrant! The tandoori wasn't dry at all! It was juicy and well-seasoned. Dip the chicken into the mint sauce for an extra kick! All the sides tasted great, including the re-heated-frozen peas, carrots & corn. Souled Out has done well with this dish. I'm not a big fan of Indian cuisine but this is a must try! 

********
The food served in Souled Out may not be the best but this place is still worth a try. 
Business seems to be going well in this eatery. I had dinner @ Souled Out last Tuesday and it was packed! Be sure to call in for reservations to avoid walking in to a full-housed restaurant. Personally, I prefer dining upstairs (indoors) where air-cond is available. The ambience is also much cosier compared to dining outdoors (duh). For individuals who love watching sports, I recommend getting a table outdoors as they have a pretty huge screen. This is a place where you can gather with yo' buddies for a round of booze & cheers the night away.

SOULed OUT
No. 20, Jalan 30/70A
Desa Sri Hartamas
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Website & Reservation info: Souled Out
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday [ 12pm - 3pm ] [ 6pm - closing ]
Saturday & Sunday [ 6pm - closing ]

Jx

No comments:

Post a Comment